Skip to main content

[Book Summary] Educated—Tara Westover

Rating: ★★★

I checked out this book because it's widely popular at the Boston Public Library. Besides, it's a memoir. I talked to myself into a different genre this time.

Tara was born and raised in Idaho, where I've never laid my feet. Her father has paranoia while her mother suffers from a brain injury after two accidents. It's a Mormon family with a demand for loyalty that can't be challenged.

Because her father doesn't trust the government and believes the Illuminati manipulates the world, she wasn't vaccinated until very late and didn't have a birth certificate nine years after her birth.

However, a miracle landed on her. It may be because of God's will, goldilocks' favor, plus her shifting attitude in seizing a chance to escape Buck's Peak, she left the US for her Ph.D. degree.

Can a doctor degree save her from the unquestionable demand of loyalty in the name of love? Can she cast out the evil possessed her or the ghost haunting their house next to the junkyard? Or, she is just another one following their destiny?



Note: How she joined the exchange student program remains a mystery to me. When I was at National Chiao Tung University, I had a decent grade but I wasn't eligible to take a seat in our exchange program. It has been very competitive. But for Tara's Professor, there happened to have one spot left. Is that a coincidence? Or a bliss?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[申辦綠卡] EB-2 NIW 國家利益豁免綠卡申請教學(一)找合作的律師事務所

Image by  David Peterson  from  Pixabay

[申辦綠卡] EB-2 NIW 國家利益豁免綠卡申請教學(零)名詞解釋 Petitioner vs Applicant

Image by  David Peterson  from  Pixabay

[申辦綠卡] EB-2 NIW 國家利益豁免綠卡申請教學(七)組裝 NIW I-140 申請文件包

Image by  David Peterson  from  Pixabay