Skip to main content

[Book Summary] The Making of A Dream—Laura Wides-Muñoz

Rating: ★

I was in a struggle if I should stay in the United States. After all, the situation for international students who intend to stay is getting more strenuous. The silver lining is nearly the edge of a snap. It's not just the Diversity Green Card is a lottery, but also the H-1B application now. Should I just leave the place I've put in so much time and effort?

Then this audiobook slid into my sight as I scrolled my cheapest iPhone SE. I quickly checked out this book from the library. 

During my listening journey, Title 42 has expired. Many Latinos (Latinx) are queuing at the US/Mexico border and seeking a way to self-immigrate. It's a good time to see another side's perspective!

In this book, Gaby, Juan (Isabella), Dario, and Felipe are the four main characters. Most of them came to the United States on a tourist visa (I guess it's a B-2.) with their family. Then they overstayed their visa and went to a local school. Once they were about to enter college, they realized that they simply couldn't because they didn't have a social security number.

Ergo, they took action and pushed for immigration law reform through fasting and walking from Florida to Washington D.C. A side note is that they even used the slogan used during President Obama's campaign; Fired Up, Ready to Go!

Check out [Book Summary] A Promised Land—Barack Obama for more!

In my reflection on this audiobook, I can't stop thinking, that maybe, just maybe, my application process to EB-2 NIW can be a reference for those who intend to contribute to this Greatest Country in the world. Isn't that a life worth living?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[申辦綠卡] EB-2 NIW 國家利益豁免綠卡申請教學(一)找合作的律師事務所

Image by  David Peterson  from  Pixabay

[申辦綠卡] EB-2 NIW 國家利益豁免綠卡申請教學(零)名詞解釋 Petitioner vs Applicant

Image by  David Peterson  from  Pixabay

[申辦綠卡] EB-2 NIW 國家利益豁免綠卡申請教學(七)組裝 NIW I-140 申請文件包

Image by  David Peterson  from  Pixabay