Skip to main content

[Book Summary] RISE—Jeff Yang, Phil Yu, Philip Wang

Rating: ★

As an Asian, I haven't encountered too much discrimination or unfair treatment though my current company in New England is very white. I guess I'm lucky.

There's a fun statement that I must quote. "If we poke all the bears, they won't think we're harping one." My ex-colleague joked that if he discriminates against everyone (including all races), then people can't call him a racist. (Because he treats everyone equally, he jokes that it can be justified.)

The other quote struck me hard though I'm not sure if I quote it exactly. "You have to do it. Otherwise, it won't be done." Look at the movies about Asians these years. Crazy Rich Asian and Shan-Chi. If we just take the situation as it is, nothing will be changed. Though the process can be painful, the only way out is through.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[申辦綠卡] EB-2 NIW 國家利益豁免綠卡申請教學(一)找合作的律師事務所

Image by  David Peterson  from  Pixabay

[申辦綠卡] EB-2 NIW 國家利益豁免綠卡申請教學(零)名詞解釋 Petitioner vs Applicant

Image by  David Peterson  from  Pixabay

[申辦綠卡] EB-2 NIW 國家利益豁免綠卡申請教學(七)組裝 NIW I-140 申請文件包

Image by  David Peterson  from  Pixabay