Skip to main content

[Book Summary] The Attractor Factor—Joe Vitale

Rating: ★★★

I have to say: this is an interesting but also dangerous book.

Suggesting cancer can be cured and money for a brand new BMW Z3 will show itself if you change your mind and the signal you radiate to the universe. Cancer diagnoses can be a false positive since no machine is perfect. The money may not show up and people can fail to pay the loan, then the bank takes the car away. In brief, a survivorship bias at work.

Besides, I'm not quite buying the muscle testing section, which is also covered in Educated by Tara Westover. You can find my summary here. Though he suggests that you should run calibration before seeking answers through muscle testing (which is a plus from the engineering standpoint), it's still a no go for me.

However, there is some wisdom in this book. Let me quote and share it with you. 
Some things that look like they are in our best interest are often not going to serve us when we see the big picture. We have to trust and let go, realizing that everything that happens is for our highest good.
For example, I struggled to secure a job and suffered physically and emotionally in 2020. I completely lost self-esteem and confidence and even doubted the value of my existence. In the hindsight, that period set the lowest point in my life. Whenever I encounter something frustrating and discouraging, I tell myself that it's probably as bad as the 2020 job hunt. I get to keep an emotional peace.

In contrast, if the job hunt were successful and smooth, I might not have had the mental strength to endure whatever challenge down the road. Let me share a quote from Bruce Lee.
Don't pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.

 Another sentence that reminds me that I should be grateful is quoted here.

You will end up like the supermodel who once said, “I don’t wake up for less than $10,000 a day.
Joe Vitale means Linda Evangelista who faded out of cameras these years due to a rare post-surgery side effect. As mentioned in Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell, success isn't purely due to personal effort. I'll do my best to feel blessed and appreciate my opportunities. And my book summary is here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[申辦綠卡] EB-2 NIW 國家利益豁免綠卡申請教學(一)找合作的律師事務所

Image by  David Peterson  from  Pixabay

[申辦綠卡] EB-2 NIW 國家利益豁免綠卡申請教學(零)名詞解釋 Petitioner vs Applicant

Image by  David Peterson  from  Pixabay

[申辦綠卡] EB-2 NIW 國家利益豁免綠卡申請教學(七)組裝 NIW I-140 申請文件包

Image by  David Peterson  from  Pixabay