Skip to main content

[Book Summary] Anger—Gary Chapman

Rating: ★

Spoiler alert: Gary Chapman talks about how to tame anger and not to sin from a Christian perspective. If it bothers you, you will be better advised to skip this book.

Gary brought up one interesting point that I would like to share with you. Anger is normal because God has anger, too. However, behind God's anger, it's His unselfish love and care for humans. His anger results from His people's ignorance and stupid deeds. And His anger will result in His people repenting in His arms.

Here I'm sharing a video clip from House of Cards. Frank Underwood's eulogy is touching and emotion is pounding the floor. When he questions the attendance if they've never cursed at God, I know he flicks the sensitive nerve in religion but strikes a perfect balance. 

Have you experienced strong anger, rage, or even wrath? Oh, yes, I did. I have sinned. In Buddhism, there are Seven Sufferings: birth, aging, illness, death, (sorrow, lamentation, despair), (separation from your love), and unfulfilled desire.

From my experience, unfulfilled desire is the most painful. When you have done your best, you still may not fulfill your desire. Sometimes I'm lucky to have what I need though I don't have what I want.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[申辦綠卡] EB-2 NIW 國家利益豁免綠卡申請教學(一)找合作的律師事務所

Image by  David Peterson  from  Pixabay

[申辦綠卡] EB-2 NIW 國家利益豁免綠卡申請教學(零)名詞解釋 Petitioner vs Applicant

Image by  David Peterson  from  Pixabay

[申辦綠卡] EB-2 NIW 國家利益豁免綠卡申請教學(七)組裝 NIW I-140 申請文件包

Image by  David Peterson  from  Pixabay